Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Kick-Off

Tonight was the kick off party for the Spring Team in Training. It was slightly dorky or also inspirational and fun. The best part was listening to the comments from the honored teammates - if these people can beat cancer, then I can drag my body 26.2. I want to start training right this second.

I also got my first piece of Team In Training swag tonight. I got my TNT training shirt because I'd set up my fund raising website and written my solicitation letter. There's no way I'm going to send out letters, but I did write one. The shirt is actually nice - a Nike CoolMax shirt. Good swag is a beautiful thing.

It was awesome to see all those people ready to go - runners, marathon walkers, triathletes, century riders. Endurance athletes one and all. Go Team!