Sunday, March 28, 2010

T is for Terminator

After a long wait, my Insanity Workout DVDs arrived yesterday.  I was so excited that I almost popped one in immediately.  If we wouldn't have had a family dinner planned, there would have been no stopping me.

I like workout videos - really tough ones.  In a perfect world, I'd have time to go to the gym every day.  In the real world, I have enough time to workout but I don't have that extra hour that a gym workout requires. (Pack the gym bag, driving there after work, locker room...)  The DVD workout solves the problem. 

Since I like the workouts to be tough, I've been cautiously looking forward to Insanity.  I don't always like a new instructor and I've never done any of Shaun T's workouts. The workout is billed as lots of plyo, lots of drills, lots and lots of sweat.  In the past, I've conquered P90X and 10 weeks of Chalean. (Yeah, I trimmed off 2 weeks off Chalean, sue me.)  If you've done P90X, then you probably felt like the instructor Tony Horton was your buddy.  If you met him in an airport, you'd buy him a drink. You're buds, you and Tony.

Shaun T is not your friend.  If you met Shaun T in an airport, he'd command you pull the airplane to your destination.  When you got there, he'd give you 30 seconds to get a sip of water and then want you to do jump squats.  Shaun T is only happy when a sweat puddle forms on the floor.  Shaun T wants you to do burpees until your dead.

Of course, this makes me love Shaun T with my rapidly beating heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment