Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Time to Chill

I've decided to skip the Big Bear Half Marathon.

The reasons are multifactorial. My parents are going to be visiting me. Steve decided that he's focusing on his bike riding and he's not training for walk/run events. It's a lot of driving and hassle and expense for half marathon . I'd have to rush into and out of Big Bear so quickly that it would be stressful Mostly, I'm skipping this one because it's starting to feel like a chore. I don't need to collect every single Southern California half marathon medal this year. I'm giving myself permission to skip it.

It's supposed to be fun.

In other news - anyone want to do the inaugural Disney Princess Half Marathon with me next March? I bet the medal is going to be fantastic.

1 comment:

  1. Damn it! I was all excited to say that I would do the Disney half with you, as I will be in Disneyland for a conference that very week. Except that the half is in DisneyWORLD, not Disneyland. Opposite coast. Crap.

    ReplyDelete