Thursday, February 25, 2010

Good Vibes. Please Send.

Two days ago my newest niece, Natalya was born.  It feels as though we've been waiting forever for her to arrive. She was nearly a week past her due date.  Here she is with her older sister Mya.
This morning Steve and I hopped on a plane bound for New Orleans so I could run in the inaugural Rock N Roll Mardi Gras 1/2 Marathon.  When we landed in Louisianna and I received a call from my Mom.  There is a problem with the baby's heart.  Little Miss Natalya is having open heart surgery first thing in the morning. 
It always amazes me how quickly you fall in love with a new member of the family.  A few days ago she didn't even exist.  I haven't even met her, but I already love her.  Because there's nothing else I can do I've researched this to an almost pathologically intense degree.  The baby is in an exceptional children's hospital with a specialty in cardiac care. She has an excellent prognosis.  Her Mom and Dad are with her.  (Little Mya is staying with her grandmother.) 

Intellectually, I know this is going to be okay and I have absolute faith that she's going to be just fine. But if you have a minute send some good vibes to her and her family.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear this. How scary! Your niece will be in prayers today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

    Everything will be ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love you so much aunt chrissy we are finnaly home that for all the prayers and blessings she is wounderful an i cant wait for you to be home to enjoy her

    ReplyDelete