Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Who's Down With ADD? Yeah You Know Me!

I'm so friggin' bored with my workout schedule that I'm not really working out all that often. I'm not feeling challenged or stimulated or well, anything. For an ADD person like me boredom=not going to bother. Also, I'm fat these days which isn't helping

In hopes that something will spark me to leave my office and go to the gym, I''m giving another shot at shaking it up with new workouts. Today, I rocked it old skool in the pool. Having swum competitively since I was 6 years old, the pool is a familiar place for me.

I hopped in and did most of today's Master Swim workout, but had to shave off a round of laps because I ran out of time. That happened because I'm so slow that I couldn't complete the full workout in the time allotted. It wasn't even a hard workout, a mere 2500 meters (1.5 miles) in a short course pool. Poop! Also, my butterfly which was always my strongest stroke has gone completely wonky. Double Poop Poop!

I suspect I'll be spending time with this book on short pool workouts.

Today's Workout:



































Warm Up

-




500 Increasing












-




Drills

2 sets



5 x 25 Fly















30 second intervals.



--






5 x 25 Back


































Each stroke restarts at the top.







--

5 x 25 Breast































Last in each series is an easy kick drill.

--


5 x 25 Free

























Should have been 3 sets.



--100 Easy
















-

Cool Down
-


800 Decreasing



-








































-



No comments:

Post a Comment