Saturday, April 10, 2010

My "New" Running Skirt

This week I went on an archeological dig into our garage to find some smaller sized running clothes.  In the last few months, I've lost over 30 pounds of fat.  (Yeah!)  The capris that I had been using for running  were just ridiculously big.

As I was digging through the Rubbermaid container of running clothes,  I rejected a bunch of things.  A few are still too small, but some I remember as problematic for extended workouts.  One shirt has a seam that chafes.  My adorable purple running skirt with the white shorties underneath?  Super-adorable before the workout.  However, when those white shorties get wet with sweat they are completely sheer. 

Today I took my gray, once-again-fitting Brooks running skirt out for a run around Lake Miramar. I remember buying this skirt and how much I loved the pockets.  Sooo cute.  There was something annoying about it, but I couldn't remember what.  When I started running, I thought I figured it out - the drawstring doesn't stay tied.  Annoying.

I don't run Lake Miramar often enough.  It's a perfect 5 mile loop around the lake. At mile 2.5, I realized it's not the drawstring that's the problem.  The shorties under the skirt,  they creep up.  Now maybe you're a lady whose thighs don't rub together.  My thighs rub.  Together.  With enough friction to cause a forest fire.

There are few things less welcome at the halfway point of a run than chub rub. I had 2.5 miles to go of walking like I'd just gotten out of the saddle.

1 comment:

  1. It's great to renew an old friendship. Although too often it makes you remember why you lost touch!

    ReplyDelete