Saturday, June 04, 2011

Lake Tahoe Edition

I'm in Lake Tahoe with my husband's cycling team.  He's coaching for Team in Training this season. Tomorrow is a huge day for TNT - 1500 cyclists will ride one hundred miles around Lake Tahoe and thousand of runners and walkers will do the San Diego Rock N Roll marathon.   Every year those cyclists and marathoners raise millions to cure blood cancers.  I'm incredibly proud of our TNT participants, mentors and coaches.

Of course, tomorrow morning I'm going to be terribly jealous since this is not my event.  Event day is so special. Tomorrow I'm gear girl, cheerleader and finish line welcome committee.  But I'm not a participant. Sigh.

My own triathlon training is coming along well.  I feel strong and I running much better and faster than I have in the past.  When we got to Tahoe yesterday, I ran fast for over an hour - at 6200 feet over sea level.  That would have been impossible before I started this training.

Tomorrow, I've got a two hour run and then I'm support crew for the cyclists.  Soon enough, it'll be my event day.

No comments:

Post a Comment