Saturday, February 10, 2007

My Heart Is Breaking

Second training session. Again with the 8am. You hurt me Team in Training.

We met at Movin' Shoes for a shoe fitting clinic. Some really good info there. I'm pretty sure my shoes are a size too small. Apparently, the too short shoes will make my toenails turn black and fall off my foot. I'm a big fan of the pedicures and the sexy/trashy red toe polish. Must address the toenail issue with a new shoe purchase.

We did 6 miles today which finished with a brutal hill. Actually, when we started the workout going downhill and I thought to myself, "This is going to suck eggs going up on the way home." It almost did.

Heather and I were standing at a stoplight at the base of the hill getting ready to start the climb. We were both wearing our TNT shirts as were a bunch of other teammates. We were right next to a Starbucks and I was gazing at the coffee shop with pure lust. Dear Venti Decaf Americano, show me your hot love. Suddenly, there was someone yelling at us - a woman in the Starbucks drive-thru had rolled down the windows on her SUV. "Thanks for raising money! My son has leukemia. Thanks so much! Wave honey, Wave!" And her son waved to us from his car seat.

Even thinking about it now my eyes tear. To be grateful for some stranger for trying to help your sick child. The hill just didn't seem so bad after that.