Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Final Training Session

Yesterday was the final marathon training session. Just like the first session, this one started and ended at the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society offices. For that first session, parking was almost impossible to find because there were so many participants. Yesterday, their were tons of available spots. It really drove home that plenty of people started with the a training goal to run or walk a marathon, but lots of them didn't complete it. There are plenty of reasons people drop out - injury, family obligations, whatever. It was strangely validating to realize that I was able to stick to it.

There was one exceptionally crappy moment after training yesterday. Without going into my schoolyard-type angst on this, let's just say someone intended to bruise my feelings and managed to do so. I had to leave about 10 minutes after that anyway, so I just left then.

Walking back to my parking spot, I still felt good.