Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Back to the Training Schedule, Sort of...

It feels as though I'm being a huge lazy slug and not working out at all. I know that's not exactly correct, but it feels that way.
  • Last Saturday was a back down and we only went 9.5 miles.
  • Sunday I did a TNT fund raiser. I learned that on a hot day a cold Grabassier Belgian-style beer is very good.
  • Monday was our normal TNT workout in Balboa Park. We ended the workout early so that we could enjoy a team picnic and enjoy a performance of Brits on Broadway with music from The Lion King, Tommy, Phantom of the Opera, and Spamalot. It was very fun evening.
  • Tuesday night I skipped the workout. I spent the day getting chewed on so hard the I felt like rawhide. Rushing to the team workout was one extra stress that I just didn't need.
  • Tonight is my swim night. Whee!!!
  • Tomorrow Steve and I are playing hooky from TNT and going to a Padres game. I'm going to have to get some sort of daytime workout.
  • Friday is the rest day.
  • Saturday is another short training at only 13 miles.
  • Sunday and Monday I'm taking a girl's trip - probably relatively little working out then.
It feels like I need to work much harder in my training. I'm getting antsy. How will I manage to do a half marathon and full marathon in October if I don't kick my training into high gear?

No comments:

Post a Comment