Sunday, February 17, 2008

More Yoga Required

As a sort of belated Valentine's Day date, Steve got us tickets to see Cirque du Soleil's Corteo on Saturday evening.

I'd never been to see Cirque du Soleil, but I had avidly watched the TV series about how difficult it is to be selected as a Cirque performer. Having watched the TV show, was very excited to see Cirque du Soleil and my expectations for the show were very high. I was not disappointed. My favorite part was watching tiny Valentyna Paylevanyan floating above the crowd suspended by 5 huge balloons. Every time she'd land in the hands of an audience member, that person would gently tap her back aloft. She moved across the crowd like a beach ball at a Jimmy Buffett concert. I wish I could float on balloons like that. It seemed so carefree.

Even with my high expectations for Cirque du Soleil, I found the show amazing.Those are some fearless, fit, flexible people. No matter how much yoga I do, I'll never be that strong and flexible. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment