Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Spinnin' it - TNT Style

Tonight was the first spin class of the Team In Training season. The team has spin training sessions every Tuesday and Thursday. I've been to plenty of spin classes in my time, but none like this one.

First, you spin on your own bike. You lock the rear wheel on a bike trainer and the front wheel on a block. So you're spinning on your road bike. Second, spin class is held outside in the parking lot of a bike shop. San Diego cooperates by having lovely, slightly cool evenings.

It was a really fun way to spin. The class was tough, but I could have challenged myself more than I did. Fresh off the (16 mile) half marathon this weekend, it seemed like a good idea to go easy.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be following your adventures in biking very closely. It may be the next thing I try. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete