Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Bad Fashion Choices Continue to Haunt Me

Triathlon training is going well enough that I'm starting to have a lot of confidence that I'll finish the race.  This weekend I did a 25 mile bike ride followed by a four mile run.  I'm feeling really strong on the bike. Good times.

Three little mishaps to report:
  • Steve loaded my bike into my SUV for me and to do that he took off my front wheel.  When I load the bike, I just jam the whole thing into the truck so I've never had to remove the wheel or put the wheel on myself.  I couldn't figure out how to get the wheel on the bike and I was standing in the parking lot getting frustrated.  A nice man came along and did that for me.  Sometimes it's nice to be a girl. 
  • The other thing is that I decided to ride in my running clothes which wasn't the greatest idea I've ever had. I put my new saddle on the bike this week.  (And I did it myself!)  If you're looking for a sore butt, then you should ride 25 miles on a brand new saddle without padded shorts.  My butt-bones are not really happy with me today.  Also, I wore a running shirt instead of a bike shirt which is longer in the back.  The bike shirts cover you when you lean forward on the bike.  My running shirt left an 1 inch gap which is now incredibly, ouchily sunburned.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome results - well other than the sore butt and the sunburn. But yay to the great ride and run!

    ReplyDelete