Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bike The Bay

This morning we hooked up with 2,700 other riders for the annual Bike the Bay ride benefiting the San Diego County Bicycle Coalition.

More importantly, I  rode my bike over this.
For Reals - I rode my bike over the Coronado Bay Bridge.  It looks sort of piddly in that photo, but it's 20 stories high at the peak.  It's tall enough for an aircraft carrier to pass under the bridge.  Peak - that means I needed to ride uphill and downhill (my nemesis!)  It was fine; I didn't panic.

Other than one moment where I thought I dropped my chain going into a turn, I had a very good ride. (Sorry for the folks behind me.  I know I stopped shorter than I should have.)  

That's two successful group rides in consecutive weekends. I'm ready for the bike section of the triathlon.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, that's the last time I complain about our Kemah bridge! :)

    ReplyDelete