Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Today in Randomness

That's my photo on the cover of the book.  

A few months ago someone from the University of Nevada Press called me and asked to purchase the rights to one of my photos from Lake Tahoe.  She was searching Flickr for photos of Cave Rock and came across one of mine.  I was just tickled silly because I love to take photos, but frequently come home from vacation with less than 5 snapshots.  I always forget to take out the camera.  And if I actually take photos, then I'll forget to download them or post them.

That photo is a random bit of luck.  Steve was doing his big 100 mile bike ride around Lake Tahoe and I was doing race support.  This was at a spot on the course where I was waiting for the cyclists.  I had some time to kill and fired off a few shots.

Me, a published photographer.  I'm just tickled.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that just ROCKS-hehe
    What a great photo. Congratulations on being published.
    Monique

    ReplyDelete