Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Vineman 70.3 - Training Day 1

Training Plan 
 I Did               
Warm-Up: 
 4 x 75 
Main Set:
500 swim, 
500 kick,
500 pull, 
500 swim, 
Cool Down:
100 swim, 
100 back  
Warm-Up:  
4 x 75 
Main Set:
500 swim, 
250 kick,
500 pull, 
500 swim, 
Cool Down: 
100 swim, 
100 back 
I live where it's sunny every day. Except of course today, the first day I needed to train in the pool. GRRR. Work with me Mr. Weatherman.

Well, at least the pool wasn't crowded. There's no problem getting a lane when the skies are dreary. In fact, for awhile it was just me and the lifeguard - I had all twelve lanes to myself.

Overall, I have no complaints with today's effort at the pool. I could have worked a little harder, but I happy completing such a long set on my first day in the pool in months. By the end of the workout, I had my head position in the water correct, but my kicking form was sloppy. I actually cut out half of my kicking set, because it was taking forever and I was worried I'd run out of time in the pool.  If you're form is a mess, it takes forever to get from one end of the pool to the other  Plus I really needed to go and review some form videos. There's no win in reinforcing bad form.

No comments:

Post a Comment