Wednesday, September 05, 2007

This Just In: Fat Tastes Good

For the last two weeks, I've been making some really bad food choices. Thankfully, I'm back on track this week. Then tonight I got an urge for a taste of my childhood, rice pudding. Real rice pudding - not the horrible slop you get at buffets - was one of my favorite foods as a child. I can remember my Nana making it for me. I would sit next to the stove and watch the pot and wait for pudding.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. I made a batch of rice pudding for dinner.
By tinkering with a recipe, I converted it to a healthier option that was still yummy. Brown rice, egg, low fat milk, vanilla, cinnamon and Splenda. It was very tasty and creamy. Of course, it wasn't as good as my Nana's. It's hard to duplicate the taste of cream, butter, and brown sugar with healthier ingredients. Knowing my Nana she probably added some sweetened condensed milk too.