Saturday, June 07, 2008

Tent Camping in Eldorado National Forest

We're wrapping up our vacation this weekend. ** double frown**

Eldorado is beautiful. It's at a nice elevation, about 5000 ft; therefore, the weather is deliciously crisp. By crisp I mean in the thirties at night. We were grateful for that campfire/bonfire we cranked up last night. Our campsite is right along a stream and a short trail from the lake. Perfection.

Surprisingly, I like tent camping here. When I was a kid my family had a travel trailer and we made it one whole summer before we put in the air conditioner. We aren't "rough it" people.

You may be wondering why I'm on the internet. Steve and the rest of the boys wanted to check their fantasy baseball. My laptop has cellular broadband which to my surprise works in the middle of the forest. If it wasn't for the love of fantasy baseball, the laptop would still be in the truck.

This has been such a fun trip and full of great people and great places. I'm sorry to see our trip end.

Shutting down the laptop and heading out to enjoy the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment