Thursday, January 10, 2008

The 2008 Race Series

Update! - I forgot the Disneyland Half so I had to add it into the schedule.

I spent a few hours putting together my race plan for 2008. It was tough because there are tons of races I want to do, but there's only so much time and budget. Also, from February until June all of my Saturdays are taken with Team In Training sessions while we prepare for our century ride.

Here is the list with some commentary:

Carlsbad Half Marathon, January 20 - The first (and easiest) race of the Triple Crown.

San Francisco Half Marathon, February 3 - This one sneaked on to the list since we're going to be in San Francisco that weekend anyway. So this is an extra, bonus event.

San Dieguito Half Marathon, February 10 - It's close to home. Plus, the event is hosted by the Hash House Harriers, everyone's favorite drinking/running club. I'm expecting a very good beer garden.

Carlsbad 5000, April 6 - Just because my friend Don promised to buy me pizza at my favorite pizza place after the race.

San Diego Mud Run 5K, April 13 - This just looks like so much fun.

La Jolla Half Marathon, April 27 - Triple crown part two.

Bay Bridge Run/Walk
(San Diego) or Bay to Breakers (San Francisco), May 18 - I'd love to do Bay to Breakers, but this is almost the end of TNT season. I'm 99% sure we'll do the San Diego one instead.

America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride (Century), June 1 - My TNT Spring Event.

IronGirl 10K, June 22 - I loved this event last year. Wouldn't miss it.

America's Finest City Half Marathon, August 17 - The final (and hardest!) race of the triple crown.

Reykjavík Marathon, August 23 - Steve and I have been batting this one around. I want to do this one or Athens on November 9th.

Disneyland Half Marathon, August 31 - Whee! Disney!

Heartbreak Ridge Half Marathon, September 13 - This one is questionable since there is NO MEDAL. It's at Camp Pendelton Marine Corps base.

Nike Women's Marathon, October 19 - Redo. Steve had to sit it out in 2007; this year he'll be on the course.

Rose Bowl Half Marathon December - It's such a beautiful event and so well organized.

I'm still looking for races in March, July and November. I had to pass on the Palm Springs Half Marathon this year, because that race is February 17. That would have been 4 half marathons in 5 weeks, plus the start of TNT cycle training. I thought that was simply too much.

If I follow the current plan, I'd earn 10 11 medals this year. Not bad. Not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment