Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Update to Bad Service

Update - I went back and got fitted for the bike. The guy who fit me for the bike was awesome! Fantastic! Super duper! All those explanation points were earned.

As annoyed as I was when I wrote this entry, I'm absolutely thrilled now. I feel as though I lucked out, because the person who fitted the bike to me was super patient. He spent nearly two hours making sure I was comfortable. I had no idea how detailed and precise bike fitting could be. He changed the pedals, the seat, the stem that holds the handle bars, the height of nearly every component. He measured me, used a plumb bob to make sure my knees aligned correctly. When he changed one thing, he'd have to go back and re-adjust every other component. It's all so interwoven. Quite a shock to a girl who bought her last bike at Target - fitting the bike meant making sure I could clear the bike frame when I stood.

After all the hullabaloo, my new bike is perfect for me. I rode 10 miles on Saturday and 5 on Sunday. I love the bike, even though I fell this weekend and scraped my knee. I wasn't even riding the bike when I fell; I was getting on the bike. Those darn clip-on pedals. My feet were trapped onto the pedal and I couldn't put my foot on the ground. Next thing I know, I'm lying on the ground with a bloody knee. And with several worried people trying to pick up me and my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment