Friday, July 06, 2007

Found!

I'm sort of getting back to training, but mostly I've tried to rest my knees this week. I did some yoga, some Pilates, some light weight work for my upper body and some body weight work for my lower body. Also, I'm doing lots and lots of stretching.

Luckily, I found my favorite stretching book. Actually, my mom must have found it when she and my Dad were here in October helping me move into my house. Mom was kind enough to unpack and shelve tons of my books. Somehow she located my long missing (and sorely missed) copy of The Whartons' Stretch Book. I didn't even know she'd found it, but I checked the bookcase in hope that it had mysteriously appeared. And low and behold there it was. (Mom, please come back. I have more boxes.)

Tomorrow I'm going to try to do a light training session of 10 miles. I'll have my knee braces in case I need them, but I don't like to wear them because they cause an unsightly roll of thigh chub. We'll see how it goes. I'd love to complete the full 10 miles, but I'll stop if I can't do it without pain. I'll probably be pouty if I can't finish, but I will stop.